Evansville Health Procedures
Per the Governor’s Back on Track Indiana plan – we are operating under stage 4.5 guidelines.
The following event guidelines are currently in place through September 30, 2020:
- Venues such as concert and event spaces may open at 50% capacity, not to exceed the 250 person limit
- Social gatherings of up to 250 people may take place following the CDC social distancing guidelines.
- This limit applies to wedding receptions, parties, and other events where people are in close physical contact for extended periods of time.
We will know more as Governor Holcomb announces the State’s progression. We will open for full capacity in stage 5. If you book the space for 2020 and we are on a stay-at-home order, we will gladly transition your contract to another date in 2020 or 2021, along with the deposit.
Additionally, here’s information regarding the safety and prevention guidelines for Covid-19 at Old National Events Plaza. Providing a safe environment for our clients, guests and staff is our top priority:
- We are currently operating with a staff of 10 Full Time staff (half the team). Staff temperature checks at home before reporting, and again on-site when we get here. Our team is very limited right now on public facing activity as only two of our team members regularly come into contact with the general public within the venue. Part time staff will follow the same guidelines while in the venue.
- Leadership closely follows the CDC, WHO and IN Department of Health for updates and potential impact to our day-to-day operations. We are also in close communication with local public health and government officials to determine what additional safeguards may need to be implemented.
- We have developed a comprehensive plan for reopening that offers guidelines for each area of our business operation. You may access the Covid-19 updates page here to review guidelines under stage 4 and 5.
- We work with clients to provide a thorough safety and prevention plan for each event, outlining all actions and steps. An initial plan request will reach you by fillable form 30 days prior to your event. The final safety and prevention plan is submitted to the Vanderburgh County Health Department one week prior to your event for approval.
- As we operate a county venue, our team and event attendees will be asked to follow the point of entry guidelines set forth by Vanderburgh County, the City of Evansville and/or the State of Indiana. This includes whether guests will wear masks, have their temperature taken and/or take a brief health survey before entering the facility.
- Capacities for events will fluctuate with the current recommendations by public health officials, the current stage of Indiana’s “Back on Track” plan, and the guidelines set forth by the Vanderburgh County Health Department or other local officials. We will plan your event in anticipation that we are hosting it in the current stage, with the current guidelines.
Old National Events Plaza follows the precautionary guidelines of the CDC and other public health organizations, which include:
- Increased cleaning of high touch point areas such as door handles, hand rails, light switches, counters, sinks, faucets, purchase devices and elevator buttons with CDC recommended products.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of facility public spaces and rest rooms.
- Increased signage outlining advisable precautions (e.g. frequent hand washing, safety recommendations, etc.)
- Additional hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the facility.
Here are the links to specific pages on our website that may be helpful:
- Covid-19 Updates
- Contact Us (provides full list of ONEP contacts)
- Spaces & Floor Plans
- Exclusive Catering by SAVOR
ONEP YouTube Channel (access to all 4 Public Service Announcements regarding health/safety)
- Cleaning and Prevention Measures
- Food and Beverage Policies
- Know Before You Go (outlines parking, entry points, and clear bag policy)
- What to Expect When You Arrive (outlines security and ticketing policies)
Our exclusive caterer, SAVOR has implemented the following protocol:
- Our kitchen has been professionally cleaned prior to our reopening and guidelines in the commercial kitchen are stringent to put it lightly.
- The use of protective barriers on buffets is required.
- Buffets are served by Chef’s Assistants; self-service of food & beverage items has been temporarily restricted.
- Serving Utensils are sanitized and changed often throughout dining service.
- Dining utensils and condiments will be individually wrapped and packaged items will be available upon request.
- Sanitary bags will be provided for storage of face coverings while dining.
- Staff will wear masks and gloves during room set up, throughout the event and during clean up
- Service staff will wear different colored gloves for serving and clearing to reduce cross-contamination